Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

Prickly Pear Cactus


















I absolutely despise mistakingly getting into cacti. They have these little tiny needles that you don't even notice off hand and you think you have passed without getting into them, but yet you feel a sharp pain in your leg and you go to try to remove it and it breaks off into your skin. These particular needles are more like little hairs rather than needles, but nonetheless they hurt.


I was out and about yesterday at the EM Park and took some great pictures of the cacti as they were blooming. When they bloom they really are a pretty sight. Their flowers are so intricate and beautiful. I am amazed that God can allow something so beautiful to grow on something so ugly and hurtful. I guess that is the way he makes people too. Even the ones we think of being so mean and hurtful can turn out to be real "beauties" in the eyes of God.
Just a thought to Ponder! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Anjolee said...

These flowers really are amazing. You're right about it relating to people. I need to be better about finding the good in everyone.