Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, September 14, 2008

California

As most of you know, we went on vacation the first week of September to California again this year. We stayed with Chris' Aunt Linda in Mission Viejo which is south of L.A. in Orange County. The first day we got there (we arrived in CA around 9:00 AM on Saturday Aug 30) Dan and Linda took us Paddle boarding. This basically consists of standing on an over-size surfboard and using a paddle (oar) to paddle yourself out and back. Don't let this fool you...it requires lots of balance and concentration. We had fun doing this though. Here are a few pics of that:



Linda & I
















Chris next to the pirate ship













Chris & I on the beach













The next day (Sunday Aug 31) we went to Rodeo Drive with Linda and Michael. Rodeo Drive was beautiful and just as ritzy as imagined. I found a hair clip for $25 in one of the stores and decided to not enter any more. One street over there were some shops more in our price range where we did a little bit of shopping. Here are a few pictures from that:


I love this dress...I wish I could wear it...just once!













Infamous Rodeo Drive shot

















Chris, Linda & Michael in front of Harry Winston's















Monday, Labor Day, we did more paddle-boarding and then we hung out with Dan and Linda the rest of the evening.

Tuesday, Chris wanted to go to Trestle's Surf Outlet. This is a place where they sell a lot of the "surf" wear/brands that Chris likes best, for very cheap. We did shopping there, went to the mall and had lunch, window shopped and then went back to Dan and Linda's and took a nap! If we had a choice, Chris and I would probably take a little nap every afternoon. Anyways, that night we went to Hollywood with Michael. Hollywood wasn't as impressive, it was kinda dirty and I had a VERY strange man wearing a red & black lace corset, a skirt with slits all the way up the sides with only a string thong on underneath (and YES you could see his butt cheeks...NASTY) make weird faces at me as Chris, Michael and I were eating at a nasty Mexican restaurant on Hollywood Blvd. All the freaks start coming out at night...this man was not the only weirdo we saw. There are also lots of people dressed up as characters that want you to pay to have your picture taken with them (ex: Marilyn Monroe, Captain Jack Sparrow, etc). Here are some of the nicer things we got pics of while we were there.




Us BEFORE the above mentioned nasty man made faces at me in the window.



















Hollywood Blvd


















Michael & Chris next to John Wayne's footprints, hand prints, and signature





















Gotta love Bing!

















That Wednesday we went to Newport Beach. I love this beach. It is filled with lots of cute shops on the beach, a very well kept beach and pier and you can look at all the condos that have ocean front views and dream of staying there for just a few nights. Ahh...here are some pictures from that day:




Chris on the beach




















Chris & I














Waves














Chris under Newport Pier
















Me under Newport Pier


Looking off the pier





Chris pretending to pet a seagull















The final day of our trip we went to Trestles beach. This beach is undeveloped and you actually have to walk a mile to get to the beach from the parking area. It is a state park. This beach is completely uninteresting and WAAAAY to long of a walk to get there if you are not interested in surfing. That is why people go to this beach...it has awesome waves. Chris begged that we go there because they were holding a surfing competition there on Sunday (after we left - he was so bummed) and he was hoping to see a few professional surfers practicing. Now we saw a lot of people surfing...only one professional though that we actually recognized. I think he is called "John John" he is like 16 years old and has been professionally surfing for several years now. I do not naturally know this kind of stuff...I learned all of that mumbo jumbo from Chris...he loves surfing (watching it that is). Here are some pics from that day:







yes that is a train track on the beach...we had to walk under this to get to the water.

6 comments:

Connie said...

I can't believe you got window-violated by that weird guy! A picture would have been nice though. Glad you guys had a good time. The weather there is soooooo nice!

Anjolee said...

I wish you would have taken that nasty man's pic too, but that would've probably been what he wanted. Nasty...he should have been arrested for that.
That standing up surfing looks hard.
I like the pretty smooth rocks on the beach.
That dress was gorgeous, the water was so blue, I thought the pic of Chris petting the seagull was funny!

Atlee's Mom said...

I would of loved to seen a picture of that guy too! I got one of a nasty old man in a speedo on my Vegas trip. I'm still waiting on getting the rest of the pics from Megan and Leslie before I post about it.

Evie Evie Amber said...

I'm glad you had a good time, the weirdo man almost ruined it for me, but the great pix of the beach saved me ha ha. Thanks for sharing, I'm glasd you're home and I can load you up with e-mails :)

taraandandy said...

Looks like y'all had so much fun! I love all your pics! I have never done the paddle surfing but it looks like fun. I will have to try it someday.

Kari and Justin said...

After our honeymoon in Santa Barbara, Justin and I want to go back every other year for now...and eventually every year. Our hearts are in California, but that $25 hair clip of yours reminds me that there is no way we could stay for a long time. We have never been south of L.A. It look beautiful, so we definitely have to check it out! Glad you guys had such a fun vacation!