This year Chris worked nights, so my parents came over and we (mostly me) handed out candy and entertained Atlee while Laci went to a costume party :) Laci dressed up as Jennifer Love Hewitt...and looked pretty darn good!! The first thing Mia said to her when she walked in the door was "Laci you grew your hair long" HAHAHA! Laci had on a hair piece to make her hair longer...kids just don't understand that sorta thing...I could see how that would be confusing, but it was funny nonetheless. Mia said she loved giving our "customers" treats. Hehehe! Our trick-or-treaters were customers! Here are some pictures from our evening.

The little Chicken and I

Jennifer Love Hewitt

Jules, Mia & I

LOOK a new one of Connie & Levi!!! And Connie's new pixie hair do!

Spencer in his costume! HA!

A pretty ballerina, a rock star and a silly chicken!

A pretty ballerina, a rock star and a GANGSTA chicken! Haha! Atlee cracks me up! She is so hard to get to smile when we take pics!!
Now for the heart stopping moment: Chris is converting our deck (that used to be on the edge of the pool that we removed) into a play ground/club house of sorts for the kids. Well he added a new climbing wall feature of sorts to it this past week and the girls just had to go test it out. They think it is so cool that this will be their area to play. Well you see Chris is not finished and so the side that used to be open to the water is now just open to the ground. He has started on a railing, but is not finished. The girls really wanted to play so we moved the excess wood pieces to the side and gave them flash lights and let them play. I gave the warning not to get close to the edge and to pay attention where they were walking. They played up there really well for about 30 minutes I would say. THEN Atlee all of the sudden does some sort of sit/lean thing backwards towards the edge and off she goes flat on her back on the ground below. Instant crying and me running towards her, my heart stopped at this moment wondering what she hurt, because she HAD to hurt something and WHY did I let them play up there?! I rush to her pick her up and take her to the back porch where I give her to mom. We are all trying to get her to tell us what hurts while she is just crying and crying. Well then she finally gathers a breath and tells us "my whole body" we had to laugh even though she was obviously hurt, but we checked all bones and every inch of her body and found nothing but a red mark on her elbow and a couple little ones on her back. If I would have fell from that, I most definitely would have jammed or broke something. Kids are so resilient...not that I want to test their resiliency. Since she fell in a pile of sand I think that must have helped cushion her fall, but she was COVERED. So off we go to put her in the bath. I found nothing else wrong with her and she was back to her normal crazy self in no time. She did leave my tub with a sand ring around the bottom though. When Chris came in at the end of the night she said "Chris, I fell and it cracked me up!" She is so nutty! We said, you weren't cracking up, you crazy girl!! Sheesh! I think she is fine.

1 comment:
Your pictures are great! All three girls are adorable. Mia better quit growing up. I can see her as a 16 year old in these pictures with her hair flopped over like that and that perfect smile. She's going to have some boys to fight off. Jules definitely has a ballerina face. She looks like a sweet baby doll. That gangsta chicken picture was so great! Atlee is so funny and cute.
Post a Comment