
This is Mr. Kalani in his cone...so sad, yet SO necessary! (And a little amusing.) This dog is a major licker and he is not supposed to lick his wounds. He has no peripheral vision with this thing on and majorly runs into stuff, knocks things over and scratches you up trying to get to you. All in all I find the cone very annoying, and so does he. We tried to take it off of him after 7 days (the vet said to wear it 7-10 days) because his surgery site looked pretty good. Well after we got home that day he apparently had nursed his wound all day and made it bright pink and puffy again. So the cone went back on and he was covered in neosporin to try to counteract his crazy licking abilities. So thus we are here at day 10, the site will be examined again and we will see if he is ready to have it taken off for good! I know I am ready! I am tired of being beat up by it!

No comments:
Post a Comment