I thought this was too funny.
Last night I went over to Connie & Levi's to hang out with Connie and the girls. Connie wanted to have a little birthday dinner for me, because she and the girls are missing my family birthday dinner on Friday. Which I told her was fine with me, but she insisted on having me over to celebrate anyways...I love her so much :)
Well, Connie had purchase some pre-flattened sugar cookie dough for us girls to cut out heart-shaped sugar cookies to bake and enjoy decorating together. Well, it was going as good as it can go I guess with a 2 and a half year old who sneezed across the table and some of her sneeze goo hit me in the face all the while she is rolling a ball of dough in sprinkles in a little bowl. That was great...Connie goes, OK mark THAT cookie. It was not needed though, b/c Jules asked if she could eat the ball of dough and I gladly said, YES! We had to get rid of the bowl she was using though, because there was a little bit of sneeze goo in there too.
But I digress, Mia, Jules and I were gladly cutting hearts out of the dough and I was supposed to be supervising to make sure that we got as many hearts as we could out of our wonderful dough, but I think I am a little lacking in the area of cookie cutting supervision, b/c we ended up with a lot of extra dough. Anyways, Connie comes to join us and we are all sitting around cutting out shapes and giggling. Mia was a cookie-cutting pro by this time and we were neither one supervising her...when all the sudden she drops a cookie on the cookie sheet that is missing one of the heart humps (I don't know how else to describe what I mean). I am feeling a little goofy so I say Mia, what happened to that cookie, it looks like you took a bite out of it. She replies with: I had to fix it because it had a dough crack. To this Connie and I are now rolling with laughter and we are like WHAT is a dough crack? She explains: You know when the dough is cracked and the cookie won't stay together? So I guess because of the dough crack she had to eat a heart hump.
Hehehe. These terms I am using are cracking me up. Well, I don't know if this is one of those things where you had to be there for this to be funny, but I thought I would share it anyways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Cuteness! I love it!
I will start purposfully giving dough cracks to cookies so I can eat them :) Kid terminology is so funny! I'm glad you had a great time :) Happy Birthday Lexi!
so jealous that you get to see them so often! in the words of napolean dynamite, "lucky!" and if you haven't seen the movie you need to! it's heeelarious!
:)
That is hilarious!!!
yes, these terms make me giggle too. I love hearing stories of the thoughts of 4 year olds. it sounds like a song... my hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely heart hump.
Post a Comment