For those of you who do not know, my garage is an eyesore...not so much because of the stuff that is in there, but more so because of the condition. The ceiling is falling down and there are numerous holes and cracks in the walls. Needless to say, the next BIG (and I mean BIG) remodel project we will undertake will be redoing the sheet rock (including the ceiling) of the garage. We also hope to extend our kitchen slightly and separate the laundry area from the garage by giving it a wall and a door to make it have its very own room!
Those plans are far from being accomplished because they require a thing called money and a lot of it, so back to the original point of this blog...we CLEANED out the garage. It only took us 3-4 hours and we had everything separated, vacuumed, dusted, hung up and ready to throw away. My garage is now divided neatly into sections of:
- Laundry items
- Camping/recreational items
- Christmas decorations
- House remodeling supplies
- Chris' tools
- Garage Sale items
- Paint
You have absolutely no idea how good this makes me feel. I still feel like our garage looks ugly, but at least I can go out there and not want to pull my hair out now. It is a great feeling. Chris spent a while hanging up some of his posters around my laundry "room" so that I wouldn't have to look at the ugly walls quite as much. He is so sweet.
Also a special thanks to my lovely friend, Rebecca, who allowed us to use her truck both Thursday and Saturday to haul off all of our junk! She is the best!
We hauled off the pool and all the trash in the garage, including two (yes TWO!) boxes and six (SIX!!) five gallon buckets of paint and chemicals. None of which were ours, the wonderful previous owners of our home left them there for us to dispose of. And no I did not throw away the paint and chemicals...I am saving them to dispose of properly when the Crud Cruiser comes out to the EM cleanup this weekend.
The evening was rounded out with wonderful dinner and dessert with Connie and the girls. We love them so much! Connie made homemade ice cream and Jules fascinated us all with her beautiful dancing abilities (oh how I wish I had not forgotten my camera).
In conclusion I would like to say it feels great to have a clean garage and I hope that I may have inspired some of you to do the same if necessary. Happy Spring Cleaning to you all!
I would post pictures, but I am not sure if I want to expose the clean ugliness of my garage.

2 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad you feel better. I hope you slept well. Maybe you will win random sums of money and have your renovations done in no time :) Sorry you forgot your camera. Jules cracks me up!
I wish I had a clean garage. I am glad that you do. I will take a peek in there tonight!
Post a Comment