Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cochlear Implant!

My dad, the weekend before his surgery...happy and ready!




















Well my Daddy had his cochlear implant (the surgery portion) done last Thursday. The surgery was successful, praise God! He is doing well and feeling well. Here is a pic of his surgery site (incision) the day after:





















And this is a picture of the face he made at me after I took a picture of his incision...he is still as goofy as ever!



















I love my Daddy, he is so fun! He goes in to receive his speech processor (the outside portion of the procedure that allows the implanted portion to interpret the sound) on August 4th. The whole family is going with my Dad to his appointment. My mom only after asking us all to go, told us she didn't ask the doctor if that many people could be there, but we all want to be there to see if he will be able to hear us when we talk to him. I am anxious to see how all this cochlear implant stuff works. Please continue to be in prayer for my Dad, because it can be a long process for him to relearn to hear sounds in a different way. We have been told that the cochlear implant is more of a computerized version of hearing than natural (obviously). Please pray that he does not get frustrated during this process. I think he will do great so that is the attitude I am going to stick with...I mean, what else can you think of a man who makes faces like in the picture above?? You think he is going to let a little discouragement get him down? I THINK NOT! Plus we will all be there cheering him on. I will let you know what happens when we get there.







Now here are a couple of pics of Chris and I (we rarely have pics together anymore, and especially never when we are dressed up) after we went to a wedding last Saturday night. Chris HAD to have this hat...Dick Tracy style (we went all over the mall and other stores outside just to get him this before we went to the wedding). And yes, for those of you who did not know, I married a fashion diva, in the most male and manly sense of the term.




2 comments:

Evie Evie Amber said...

Hooray for your Daddy! August 4th is coming soon! Very exciting and I think you ahve the perfect attitude! His pictures are so cute!

Hey I know that dress! Sexy lady! Great photos of you and your manly diva :)

Anjolee said...

That is just so awesome. I am glad that things are going well so far. We will continue to pray.

Y'all are one sexy couple.