Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh what a wonderful feeling...

That is right, a wonderful feeling...you know why?


Well because Chris and I FINALLY got the guts to fill shoe boxes this year for Operation Christmas Child. Our church does this every year and every year we say we want to do it but the time comes and goes before we realize and we miss out. Well, not this year!! We got our boxes from church last Sunday and we will be bringing them back this Sunday! We are so excited to give gifts to small children across the world. To read more about this awesome ministry click on this link http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/


Here are our boxes:






















We decided to do two boxes...one boy and one girl. We chose the age range of 5-9. Want to know what we stuffed these with? Well here it is:


Boy Box:
3 mini Christmas puzzles, 3 bars of soap, 6 washcloths, 1 ball, 3 cars, 1 truck, 3 traffic cones (that go with the vehicles), 8 tic-tac containers, 2 veggie tales tooth brushes, 1 tube of Aquafresh, 1 crayola doodle pad, 8 Dallas maverick themed colored pencils, 1 NBA themed pencil bag, eraser, sharpener and ruler, 4 packs of gum, 1 Mavericks themed spiral notepad with pen, 4 shrek themed automatic pencils and 6 push pops.


Girl Box:
1 baby doll, 2 bars of soap (the 3rd one just wouldn't fit no matter how hard I tried), 6 wash cloths, 6 push pops, 8 tic-tac containers, 1 crayola doodle pad, 1 tinkerbell themed box of crayons, 1 care bear themed pencil bag, sharpener, eraser and ruler, 8 princess themed colored pencils, 4 packs of gum, 3 mini Christmas themed puzzles, 18 care bear themed hair ties, 2 veggie tales tooth brushes, 1 tube of aqua fresh, 12 sets of care bear themed stick on earrings, and 3 care bear rings to match.





All sealed and ready to go! Merry Christmas kids!



4 comments:

Kari and Justin said...

I did this one year in high school. It is a really great felling. I liked finding as many items as I could and packing it just right to get as much in the box as possible.

I can't believe we are already saying "Merry Christmas!"

Ellie said...

I love your Christmas spirit!

Anjolee said...

Aaawww that is so awesome. I am like you and have good intentions every year and never do it and then I feel guilty. Way to go you and Chris for getting it done. You will make some little boy and girl very happy!

Evie Evie Amber said...

Woo and hoo! Your wrappings look better than mine ha ha. We could only do one but we prayed a huge prayer over it and can't wait for it to be delivered!

How amazing that "financially struggling" people like us have been given the opportunity to speak Christ into the world through such small tasks. God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

Thanks for sending me the idea friend. You are always pushing me to grow and stretch in Christ "Das a jewel in yo crown baby!" Ha ha ha.