Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

Outside for Good!







That is right...Mr. Spencer is outside for good. He has had a bit of a hard time adjusting to this, but over all I would say it has been a successful move. I did bring him in the other night when it stormed and when we get our garage done, I will allow him in there when it is stormy/icy/snowy. I believe dogs are meant to be outdoors. I love him, but I also hate him in my house, forever staining my carpet and sending his dog hair all around. BLECK! The transition was necessary. I refuse to have a tiny baby on the floor with my icky dog, covered in dog hair and slobbering all over each other. Eww...who knows what people would think of me then. So I say all of this to let you know that now when you come over you will not see any evidence of dog inside my house (hopefully) nor will you have the crazy hyper jumping dog all over you when you enter.

I know Spencer is enjoying his time out there, because who wouldn't like the freedom to run and play all day rather than be stuck in a tiny crate? And we purchased him a doggie pool so he could cool off. I did actually have to get the one at petsmart, made for dogs, because it was the only one short enough for him to get into and out of by himself since his legs are so short. Although I have yet to see him voluntarily get in it. We put him in there from time to time and he gets all sad like we are going to give him a bath, so I assume he will figure it out when it gets a little hotter outside. Here is a picture of him enjoying the greenery :)

















The picture above was taken just a couple of days ago after his appointment with the groomers. He is shaved and ready for summer -- he always runs around like mad when we bring him home after he gets shaved, I believe it is his "I'm free, I'm free" run...you know free of all his big puffy hair!! But Chris said when he brought him through the house after the appointment he looked around the living room for his crate, then went into the dining room and looked for his doggie bowls and then he looked at Chris like "Hey, where's my stuff?" and let out a big sigh. Hahaha! I think he has come to the realization now that this is a permanent thing.

Hip hip hooray no more stinky dog in my house! :)

2 comments:

Jamye said...

Awww, Spencer's growing up. I am sure you will make sure he is okay outside and he will survive. Cute pics of his "nakedness". :)

Evie Evie Amber said...

Agreed! Pets are great but belong outdoors. I hope you get your sanity back and everything feels hair free and clean. I can't wait to see your little baby girl crawling around!