Yeah that is correct, I have the flu.
It all started mild and sneaky like on Saturday afternoon with a little cough. I enjoyed my Saturday which was full of good food and family time with Joe, Misti, Ben and Taylor.
But those memories are hard to sustain when waking up early Sunday morning with a fever and feeling completely awful. Sunday, the day of the superbowl, the day I was supposed to attend a baby shower and a super bowl party. Both of which I was looking forward to... But do I attend either? NO, because I am running a fever of 103.2 and barely feel like lifting my head off of the pillow.
I call in sick to work for Monday late Sunday evening and head to the doctor Monday morning. I wait for an hour to get in to a room, even though I had an appointment, it's ok...I think half of Ft. Worth was there, b/c there wasn't even an empty seat in the waiting room.
When I get in to see the doctor I explain my symptoms: fever, full body aches, cough, sore throat, runny nose, etc. Classic flu. Yep, milady that is what you have. So I get out of there and get into the car with Chris. My oh so sweet husband who has been waiting on me hand and foot b/c he can tell there is something seriously wrong with me, has taken a long lunch break to take me to the doctor. He then drops me back off at home and takes my meds to the pharmacy.
He doesn't return until after 5:00 pm with my flu meds and by this time I am quite possibly feeling worse than before because my throat is hurting 10 times worse and I can barely talk. People keep calling to check on me which is loving and sweet and all but when it is painful to talk it is not all that enjoyable. Finally I get the flu medicine in me and think NOW I will start to feel better.
But, wait, what is this...I am feeling really nauseous. I check the labels of the drugs I just consumed. And YES, lo and behold the one that you take to get rid of the flu can cause nausea and vomiting for 1-2 days as your body adjusts to the medication. GREAT!! Just what I wanted on top of everything. I tell Chris to go get me a big tupperware bowl and he proceeds to ask where they are and what approximate size I would like, I say, Honey I don't care just get me one. Then my phone starts to ring again and I move as quickly as possible to the toilet b/c the bowl is just not coming fast enough. So I spend the next 5 or so minutes over the porcelain throne and return to my sick haven otherwise known as our couch.
Tuesday...well Tuesday I think I am feeling better and am almost positive that I will be able to go to work on Wed, but unfortunately my day is filled with dizziness and extreme tiredness. But wait...I feel a fever blister coming on...oh great. And then another, and yet another. By Tuesday night I had 4 clusters of fever blisters taking over my entire lower lip, the right corner of my mouth, and below the left corner of my mouth on my chin. Lovely. Now, not only do I feel like poo, but I look horrible as well.
Wednesday. I wake up to find yet another fever blister growing on my chin, so I call the doctor and make yet another appt this week. This time I get in much more quickly but I am an emotional wreck because not only do I still not feel well, the lower half of my face looks like a mutant. I feel so UGLY! Anyways, an hour later and 2 more meds to add to my current load later I am back at home and feeling exhausted again. Chris keeps reassuring me that I do not look ugly, but all it takes is one look in the mirror to quickly change my mind of his loving reassurance.
Not that great of a post I know, but for those of you who didn't know what is going on, now you do. I am going to go back to my couch now to rest some more. Please pray that I get to feeling better soon, that these mutant-like fever blisters disappear, and that Chris stays healthy. I don't wish this on anyone else, especially my husband who has been taking such good care of me.
I will post pics from Saturday and last Tuesday later, I wanted to post on them earlier but as you can tell now I haven't felt much like it. Thanks for the prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
So sorry you feel bad, it's good though that you have somebody you love to take care of you...it helps believe me!
You left out your loving sister coming over and bringing you Motrin to help the fever go away in the middle of the Super Bowl! :) Just had to give you a hard time.
BTW your hubby is very sweet. I asked him how you were doing yesterday and he was like "she's been crying all day b/c of her fever blisters she has like 2 more" I of course feel your pain b/c I get them usually 2 at the most at once so I feel very bad. And he says "I don't even notice them. She still is beautiful" AAAAWWWWWWWWW!!! I just wanted to hug him and tell him that was the nicest thing but I didn't know how he would react to that so I just quietly said "aw" to myself.
I love you and have been praying for you. I hope all is well soon.
Love your baby sister!!! XOXOXOXOX
I did leave that out...how rotten of me!
ATTENTION EVERYONE: Laci came by on Super Bowl Sunday and brought me motrin for my fever and a can of chicken noodle soup (which she had in her car for some strange reason). My sister is random, but sometimes her randomness comes in handy, like this time for example.
The soup was so good that I had Chris go and buy me some more, but now I am currently burnt out on soup and am ready for real food even though my fever blisters make eating more difficult.
poor you! i hope you're feeling better! fever blister and the flu...doesn't get any better than that huh.
:)
maybe you can enjoy the weekend!
Thank you thank you! I am random but eh maybe you love me more b/c of it. I crack myself up with it sometimes so it's ok with me! :)
Lexi,
I am so sorry that you have been sick - I get those fever blisters too - I get them all over my head , in my hair on my eyes and all over my chin. I am glad to hear that Chris is so loving and sweet - Josh would never be that way.
I totally thought I commented on this post but apparently I did not. So, sorry you were sick. Sorry I didn't realize how bad until Tuesday and I'm glad you are on the road to recovery and morphing back into yourself and not a mutant. And, no you didn't look ugly...you just looked like you had fever blisters but when I did see you I did say....awwww...Lexi....but only b/c it looked like it hurt.
Lexi~ I am so sad for you about this post. That is just awful and it got worse and worse. Sorry I am so late in getting up to date on your blog. I hope you are doing good this week and your fever blisters have gone away. Almost b-day time for you!
Post a Comment