One thing I learned was that when you invite kids...the parents leave early and your party ends at about 9:30 instead of midnight or later. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier! DUH! Anyways...Chris and I had good conversations with Kari and Justin after all the peeps left...actually I should say Kari and I had wonderful conversations...which ended in Justin dragging Kari out because apparently Kari and I were talking to much. GO figure!! Haha! He was tired though because he woke up early to help with a garage sale, so I do not fault him for this, I still enjoyed his company :)
Here are some pics from the party:
Jamye & Stephen
Chris & I (in his regular costume)

One of our favorite families :)

ALL the kiddos

Kari & Justin - bridesmaid & blind umpire

Ellie & I

Jamye & I

Look at those best buddies...they even think alike when it comes to dressing up! Crazy men!
After everyone left and I cleaned up the house a bit, Chris and I went to a party hosted by one of his co-workers. This person actually has a dance room with a bar in their house!! Let's just say this party had a much different environment then ours. You could smell the alcohol from the street. Needless to say we didn't stay long.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time for random thoughts:
I feel like a lion when I wear my hair curly. Simply stated, my hair is so huge, I feel like I have this big poofy mane surrounding my face.
Why is it that immediately after you get married people ask you "So when are you having kids?" Seriously...did you WANT us to be trying before now? That is the only possible way I could answer there question they way they want "Well NOW of course!!" HA! You know, what if we struggled with infertility? What then? I think this is a rude question to ask a person who just recently got married. Granted I have been married for three years now and I am sure people are wondering, but honestly do you REALLY want to know how often Chris and I have sex? I believe this to be none of your business, so there! Sheesh people! This is a decision between Chris and I and NO ONE else!
I ate WAY too many brownies within the last 3 days. Well to be honest too many brownies, peanut butter treat thingys and pumpkin bread. I feel like I have swallowed a pound of flour and it is making my tummy as hard as a rock! I need to puke so I will feel smaller.
I would like to lose about 15 pounds. I know, some of you think this is ridiculous, but I would just feel more comfortable in my body if I did. Obviously this won't be happening anytime soon since I gorged myself on yummy, yet bad-for-me food this weekend.




6 comments:
I'm glad your party went well and ended at a reasonable hour :)The pictures are so cute and funny. Eat all the bad food you like, I think you're beautiful friend! But if you want to lose 15 pouds go for it! I know you will be happy and healthy no matter what. Ahhh babies, that IS an annoying question. Pretend to cry and tell people you were born without a uterus :)
Aaawww your party sounded fun and let me just say GO KARI! Us Whitemans (well used to be) are serious game players. If you heard our dads playing games you would be scared and leave. We thought about your party while we were in San Antonio.
I think you are beautiful too, but I know what you mean about wanting to be comfortable with yourself so I say do what you need to do for you. I wanted to lose 10 pounds BEFORE I got pregnant...now I'm just hoping that breastfeeding will take it off of me.
Oh, and I like your lion hair a lot!
I have lion hair too...all the time. I am a serious game player, and I'm not sorry about it! Babies are great, but only when Chris and you decide you need them full-time, I hate that people bug you about that. I definitely don't want to know how often you and Chris...ya know...
I really enjoyed talking to you the other night...we should make those visits a more regular thing!
Well, you should have just gotten pregnant one year after you got married then everyone would elbow your husband and wink and say...so you've been busy little honeymooners, have ya? Yeah, it sucks either way. Being pregnant means you did the dirty and everyone knows it.
Cute pictures. You know we would have stayed until we wore our welcome out kids or not. Schedules are for weenies and home-schoolers.
We loved the party. I am so glad we got to come this year. Kari is awesome and I enjoyed talking with her, so I can see how your conversation lingered. Also, I am sure that Ellie told you I bumped into her at a wedding I was photographing. What are the odds? She is so cool too.
When I was in High school and had curly hair...they called me Mufasa! Ya know like of the Lion King! Yeah...
Post a Comment