Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

16 Weeks 5 Days


So here is a picture of me that I took late on Sunday evening. I know, I am a late poster...

I am going to attempt to get better about posting/taking pictures of my belly. Fully covered of course. I am not a bare belly show-er. I know that some people find those pictures extremely sweet and loving, but I didn't really like the way my stomach looked before I was pregnant so I have a feeling I am not going to really like the way it looks 8 months pregnant either. So all pictures will be a covered belly.

I think I actually felt the baby move yesterday...mid-afternoon I felt a little fluttering in my lower abdomen. It was not something I have ever felt before even with crazy stomach issues I have had, so I assume it was the baby. So for those who have asked me if I felt it, I believe I finally have! Chris didn't believe me, but what does he know? Punk.

Anyways, I am now into my 17th week. I do not fit so well in my "normal" clothes, but yet most maternity clothes look entirely too big. So I am in the transition period. I am ok with that. Chris did get me that wonderful belly band and I am wearing it again today, for the second time. I like the way it works and it is super comfortable. The only thing that bugs me is that it is not particularly made for someone with a large rear, such as myself, because it tends to roll up on me back there! Haha!

I will try to post more pictures soon. Only 2 more weeks until we find out what we are having!! Will it be a boy or girl? I still do not know......

6 comments:

Zion said...

You look cute! I loved the belly band when I was pregnant (which just for the record I am not, I spoke too soon last time I commented, but when I am I will let you know, ha ha.)

Connie said...

Cuteness! What does Chris know? If he were pregnant the baby could do a gymnastics floor routine in his stomach and he'd think it was gas and try to make him self fart it away. Nerd.

Yes, fluttering is what I'd call those first little movements and it is certainly time for you to be feeling that.

Transition can be frustrating! Those transition clothes will come in handy after you have the baby too. If it's cold then, just layer with long sleeves :)

Kari and Justin said...

The same things happens with my belly band!! It makes it not so comfy for me, because I keep having to pull it down in the back after I get up from sitting. Oh well...

Anjolee said...

Yay! You look so cute!

I am so happy for you that you felt that flutter. I knew it would be soon. Yay for you!

CAn't wait to see you!

Jamye said...

Cute picture! I am really, really excited for you and can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!!

Evie Evie Amber said...

Large rear my pinky toe. I cna't wait until we can SEE the baby belly. So far all I see is skinny Lexi in a mommy shirt :) you are so cute and you will be oh so very cute at 8 months too. And if someone needs to see your belly that bad, they need a shrink ha ha. I like Connie's fart comment.