Well he did it again...yep Spencer Ray ran from me. I chased him for approximately 25 minutes in our back yard. Giving up coming inside to which he would come and wait by the back door, then I would open the door only to have him run like a rocket again around the pool. I wasn't even chasing him so I don't know why he finds this to be so entertaining. He did the whole fake-out coming in the back door thing about ten times. I tried Chris' method of bringing a treat out and trying to get him to come to me. This did not work. Bribery does not work. Changing the tone of my voice to let him know I am angry does not work. Throwing his grooming brush at him does not work. Giving him a swat on the bo-hiney does not work. This dog will be the end of my patience. Well finally when he wore himself out from running he came close enough for me to grab him and give him a piece of my mind. Then I sprayed him with febreeze so he wouldn't stink up my perfectly clean house that I spent all afternoon cleaning for our guest, Michael, to come stay with us, and brushed it through his hair all the while giving him a good stern lecture as to how I don't play those games and the next time he will be staying outside all night, piece of junk! Anyways, then I FINALLY leave for my parents home to spend time with my Grandma H for the last time before she heads back home and I am so frustrated out of my mind that I run a red light and almost get hit by a truck! My heart was pounding only making me more frustrated at myself for letting some little hairy furball get me so ticked off. Thinking of how I could have been killed just because I was angry at my dog! I praise God that he had his angels watching over me that nothing happened. Then I eventually get to my parents home after driving extremely cautiously the rest of the way not going 1 mph over the speed limit. Then I have a meltdown in front of my whole family because I am an emotional wreck at this point. Call me crazy but that is what I become when emotions play a part in anything. I cry way too easily...those who know me know this to be a fact.
I ate lasagna, played nerts, listened to the crazy kiddos and enjoyed my final Christmas 07 visit with my Grandma...OH but then guess what...
Well meanwhile, Chris is at work and he gets off at 9 p.m. calls to see if we are wrapping it up or hanging out some more...so we are hanging out and he decides to head to mom's as well. So he for some unknown reason decides to reward our rotten puppy by letting him stay in the entry way in his comfy dog bed and gated off by a child's gate from the rest of the house. Well, I just think he should be in his crate FOREVER because of the fiasco that happened to me earlier but Chris has a soft spot for him so he allowed it. Well this is what we were greeted with when we got home

Oh yes that is right...he CHEWED A HOLE IN THE STINKIN' WALL. To which Chris replied you'd better get that dog out of my sight before I do something I will regret. Now I am the dogs protector...who whoulda thought? Spencer realizes because he is "smart" (according to the vet...which I think this must mean ornery or mischievous) and is cowering down in his wonderfully fluffy dog bed. I grab him, drop him over the gate, open the back door and say you'd better get out there right now! I then once again rehash how rotten the dog is and that he should never be allowed outside his crate when we are gone because these are the kinds of things that happen. GRRRR...
So needless to say...you need to pray for my dog, because I am afraid that if he keeps this behavior up we might not have him much longer and this would make our nieces and nephew very sad.

2 comments:
That's rough...VERY rough! I would have cried too. I am glad you are alive! Spencer needs to go to doggie boot camp.
I can't believe I missed this post. Spencer. Spencer. Spencer. I am awestruck that he was able to do that. He is truly talented. He as some serious anger management that he needs to work on.
I'll be praying for his future. Whether it be your home, another home, or murder....uh...I mean accidental death....seriously...I'll pray that he gets better. I know that's frustrating.
Jules broke my liquorish candle today...well the glass part anyway.....I, however, can't do anything with her. I'm stuck. Oh, well, she's cute enough anyway.
Post a Comment