Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Fall

So today I did something embarassing. I totally busted in front of about 7 coworkers. Yep, busted. If this would have happened to me about 5 years ago, I would have been completely mortified, but I actually found this kind of amusing. The story goes like this:

I had been "rock climbing" on the side of the dam for about an hour and received a phone call from my boss. Well I was attempting to have a meaningful conversation with him while standing on the rocks, behind the guardrail next to the road on top of the dam while big rock trucks were passing by and hindering my ability to hear him. So I decide that I am going to step over the guardrail and walk across the road to our vehicle so I can finish the conversation in peace. Well I get my left foot over and then somehow my right shoe or pant leg (not sure exactly) gets hung up on the guard rail and I try to tug it off and DOWN I GO!! I ended up taking the brunt of the fall on my left hand and right knee but somehow landed on my back...again, not sure. So here I am in shock laying on the asphalt road not completely in the shoulder, talking to my boss on the phone, because I still managed to have the phone and my right hand glued to my ear this whole time. I was brought back to reality when one of my coworkers said "Lexi, get up, you are going to get run over!" He helped me up and then we laughed about how "graceful" my fall was...uh, yeah, sure it was. One of my bosses who was there told everyone that I could fall that way because I was a gymnast. I had to explain to my boss on the phone that I had just fell and then I somehow ended that conversation.

I ended up with bruises on my knee and bruises on my hand where little rocks poked so hard into it leaving their little impressions. My back is ok, because I had on several layers and my carhart-like jacket for cushion. I was teased for the rest of the day though with comments like: "are you sure we should let her drive when she can't even walk", "we are only laughing because you didn't cry, if you would have cried we would have only laughed on the inside" and "you looked like a turtle that was stuck upside down, trying to flip back over" --- What was that phrase again??? OH yeah, THEY WOULDN'T TEASE ME IF THEY DIDN'T LIKE ME. I will have to engrave that one in my brain after today.

Oh the joys of my job...

3 comments:

Kari and Justin said...

This story would have been totally lost on me if we had not talked about your job after the party this weekend. I'm glad you weren't really hurt...then you may have been hearing about it a lot longer..."Remember when Lexi broke her arm---ha, ha, ha..." (that would not have been good!)

Anjolee said...

Lexi that was not funny. That made me nearly stop breathing. I don't like for you to be hanging out on the rocks by the dam near passing cars. Don't do that again!

:)

Connie said...

Yeah, I've been way better about laughing at myself now that I'm older too. Glad you didn't break something or get squashed!

I'm sure all of those guys love you to death!