So my boys are getting along pleasantly. They play and argue like brothers, they wrestle, chase each other, sometimes play hide and seek, and they are of course jealous of each other. I find them quite amusing. And I can say at this point that I definitely am glad that we adopted Mr. Kalani Dog. He seems to be fitting right in. His calm and lazy nature isn't rubbing off on Spencer Ray, but at least Spencer now has a buddy to hang out with all day. We've been taking them on walks in the evening and I can say, Kalani and I get along very well walking, while Spencer still tries to drag Chris the entire time we are walking. So, as you can guess I always opt to hold Kalani. He rarely barks...we have noticed that he barks when the neighbor goes out on his back porch to smoke...I wonder if this has something to do with his past, who knows, but he doesn't like it. Last night on our walk, Kalani decided to bark and go crazy at one particular dog...whom I actually realized I know its owner (well one of its owners anyway) but I had no idea if she would remember me and I had this dog going crazy and being pregnant, I was trying not to tip over every time Kalani jerked on the leash. It was madness, but only for a minute. :) Well here are a couple of new pics. Chris loves his boys...

Just to show the extreme difference in height...hahaha...Kalani actually walks over him a lot.

Oh and I forgot to mention that Kalani wouldn't eat...we had to go purchase some wet dog food to mix with his dry food to try to get him to eat. Last night was the first night that he ate everything in his bowl! Yay! It took a while but I think he is coming around to eating on a regular basis...Spencer still inhales his food as soon as we place it on the floor, so then he stalks Kalani to see if he will finish or if he can rush in to sneak a bite. We have to stay out there the entire time they eat because of Sneaky Sneaky.
Kalani's teeth are gross...tons of nasty tarter and possibly a cavity or two...I am thinking this is why he has problems eating. I have been attempting to brush his teeth. Can you imagine this? Oh well just go ahead and laugh...no dog of mine is going to have icky teeth! And he enjoys the dog toothpaste I have...he just doesn't open his mouth well for me.
1 comment:
Oh yeah. I am so glad everyone is getting. It probably will take a lot of pressure off of you guys now that Spencer has a buddy.
Post a Comment